Having new tiles refitted in your kitchen or bathroom can be expensive and time-consuming, so if you’re saving up for a new bathroom or your tiles just need revitalizing, Simply Refresh might be the perfect solution.
- Simply Refresh for wall tiles
- Soap and fungicidal wash
- Sponge and scourer
- Dust sheet
- Paint stirrer
- Paint tray
- Masking tape
- Small foam roller
- You can use Dulux Paint on bare tiles or tiles that are already painted. Whatever your surface, just make sure that your tiles are clean and dry before you start, so give them a thorough scrub and wash with hot soapy water and then dry them with a cloth.
- Mask up any areas where the tiles meet walls, flooring, skirting, bathroom suite, kitchen units or worktops.
- Protect the area you’re working in with a dust sheet.
With Simply Refresh, there’s no need to prime, saving you time and money.
- Start by giving your paint a good stir, pour it into the paint tray and then you’ll be ready to paint.
- Try to work in sections, switching between your brush and roller. Use your brush to paint along grout lines and then before it dries, use your roller to go over the tiles and grout. This will give you a consistent finish with no brush strokes. Check the back of your paint tin for recommended drying times and leave your first coat to dry before starting your second coat.
Top tip: In between coats, simply put your brush and roller in a plastic bag to keep them moist and they’ll be fine to use again for your next coat without having to wash them in between.
- Repeat the same brush/roller process for your next coat and leave your colorful tiles to dry thoroughly.
- Remove as much paint as you can from your brush, roller and tray.
- Give them a thorough wash in water – there’s no need to use white spirit, as Simply Refresh is water based.
- Firmly close your paint tin and store in a dry and frost-free environment.
Looking for some color filled inspiration for your bathroom or kitchen? Take a look at these wall tile transformations.